Subject: Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:51:20 +0200

On 9/8/05, Svante Tidholm <svante_at_demonbox.com> wrote:
> Technology is definetely part of politics. Rockbox might even be said
> to be a political project since it is developed non profit but
> competes and is better than much of the capitalist-oriented software
> out there.

Rockbox *might* being said being a political project. But until the
developers do so it simply isn't.

> To deny the power you have does not remove responsability from your
> life.

if you want to see your life bad and brutal -- try so and you will see
it this way. If you want to see some word being aggressive and racism
-- do so and it will be this for you. If you want to hear one word in
a different context than it is in -- you will hear it this way. This
is psychology. Words don't mean anything besides the meaning you put
into them.
Responsibility also means tolerance. I have also things that pisses me
off just because it's history and I'm not affected with it -- but
people keep confronting me with that stuff. I have better things to do
than to comply all time and piss people off.

If you're that offended by *one* word go ahead and build your own
version of Rockbox. It's open source, you can do so. Maintain a
"non-offensive"-patch. Maintain your "cleaned" build. Or stick to the
original firmware of your player and abandon Rockbox. Whatever. Nobody
forces you to use Rockbox or even like it.

> > Politics shouldn't interfere with Rockbox. Ever. Not in this case, not
> > in other cases. Period.

I agree absolutely with this. Stop with your silly arguing. This won't
change anyone's mind but only piss people off.

 -D.