Subject: Re: Recording screen: breaking the law

Re: Recording screen: breaking the law

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:04:07 +0200

Hello perterm

On 08.09.2005, you wrote:

> Jens Arnold wrote:

>> - When leaving the recording screen with stop, it should also
>> leave the menu completely, i.e. drop you back to the
>> browser,
>> if something was recorded. Otherwise it would bring you
>> back
>> to the menu as it is now.

> ---snip---
>> This is just one more click for playing your latest
> recording
>> (pressing Play after dropping back to the browser)

> You're right. Simply to return to the browser would be ok for
> me. We seem to agree here as that is basically the same idea I
> tried to describe in the wiki. The only difference is that I
> proposed that rockbox kind of "does that play klick" for you
> when you have resume enabled. That could be implemented in

I wouldn't like it behaving that way. First, the option is
called "Resume on startup" now, and leaving the recording screen
is certainly not a startup. Second, it would merely avoid one
click if you want to play your recording immediately, but make
all other feasible actions more complicated (like e.g. deleting
the recording, or simply *not* playing it).

> call wps. We also could make a separate settings option for
> this. But I'd prefer not to increase the options clutter.

Agreed 100%.

>> - Recording should have the equivalent of "follow playlist",
>> i.e. the drop-back-to-browser would bring you right to the
>> last recorded file with this option enabled.

> If you prefer that option - so be it. Personally I think that
> it is not necessary. I assume you wouldn't like "follow
> playlist" to control both, playback and recording?

I didn't say I want to add a separate option for it - I just
want it to have the same behaviour. Either we make the
"Follow playlist" option control both playback and recording
behaviour (then it should be renamed of course), or perhaps this
behaviour should be always enabled for recording. I'd prefer the
latter.

Regards, Jens