Subject: Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-09-09

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 02:34:48PM +0200, Frederic Devernay wrote:
> Since that genre list seems to be commonly accepted (I checked in other
> software as well, even freedb supports it [1]), we could just take it and
> put a reference to the full genre list with the proper references to winamp
> [2,3] on the rockbox Wiki.

Considering that the code already says that these genres are Winamp
additions, and you'd have to be reading the source to see this
genrelist, I don't see how this would be necessary.

> Sorry about that noise. I can understand that people can fell offended by
> such thing, so proper documentation may be a good way to point out winamp's
> responsibility on that point.

I still don't understand it, but if blaming Winamp is all it takes for
this to die down, I'm all for it - we already do it.

> <> [1]
> <> [2]
> <> [3] (from Claus)

Jonas H