Subject: Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:53:17 +0200

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 04:42:04PM +0200, Svante Tidholm wrote:
> I must say, the cowardness of this development team surprises me! All
> out in defense of using the word nigger! Wow!!
>
> I'll leave you all to how to follow other peoples ideas, I mean, why
> think for yourself? Let's all comply to some standards out there...
> just like the germans did back in the days... You may say I overreact
> - but this is just a small little nuance of the bigger trends in the
> world and society, and actually in a place where we can make a
> change. It would be so simple. But hey - some things are more
> important than others, obviously.

I call Godwin's law and claim my five dollars. You have lost.

Seriously though, noone's in a blanket defense of using the word nigger.
We're in defense of not taking it upon ourselfves to remove genres from
a list of a standard which *noone* outside a few of you have voiced any
concern about.

The genre is apparently a perfectly valid Dutch word - I suspect there
was a dutchman at Nullsoft who added this thing, simple as that. You're
the one putting negative meaning into this word where there is none.

I suggest you go and fight some real problems instead of making ones up.
Yes, you are overreacting, and I suggest you make changes where they are
needed.

Your talk about importance amuses me. This has got to be the most
irrelevant case of "PC racism" ever.

Now stop posting this nonsense and let us all get on with our lives.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk