Subject: Re: List Somewhat Back

Re: List Somewhat Back

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:54:35 +0200

Joseph Jones:

> Somebody attacked the wiki through a vulnerability, and my
> understanding is that this also gave them access to other parts of the
> Rockbox infrastructure. Namely, the mailing list.

The tiwki vulnerability enabled everyone to execute shell comands with
the privileges of the www/wiki user. The attacker launched 'rm -rf /'
("Delete everything" in UNIX) and that deleted everything the user was
allowed to delete.

J.
--
If I could travel in time I would show my minidisc to the Romans and
become Caesar until the batteries ran out.