Subject: Re: List Somewhat Back

Re: List Somewhat Back

From: Dave Wiard <>
Date: 2005-09-19

Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Joseph Jones:
>>Somebody attacked the wiki through a vulnerability, and my
>>understanding is that this also gave them access to other parts of the
>>Rockbox infrastructure. Namely, the mailing list.
> The tiwki vulnerability enabled everyone to execute shell comands with
> the privileges of the www/wiki user. The attacker launched 'rm -rf /'
> ("Delete everything" in UNIX) and that deleted everything the user was
> allowed to delete.

Gotta love pricks who attack a site that does nothing more than provide
a sweet, open-source, replacement firmware for jukebox players... I'll
gladly play host to a backup once the main wiki is up and running. I've
got more than enough disk and my download bandwidth is 7 Mbps. I can't
really host a mirror to serve data (sloooow up speed) but I can house
lots of data for indefinite time on a regular basis.