Subject: Re: Latest romable version

Re: Latest romable version

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-09-21

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, joerch.net@web.de wrote:

> Rockbox lite is not an option i think. Its better to use an old, stable
> daily build. I collected some "milestone-versions" and have one for maximum
> play time in my box which I can rolo into. Just "hack" the binaries to
> change the .rockbox path to something like .rockold and all plugins and
> other stuff can coexist with an actual build.

I wouldn't mind seeing us adding more config options to the build, in a spirit
similar to how you build the linux kernel - add all the tiny bits you want,
exclude the rest.

This said, there is nothing that prevents an interested person to build and
offer "light" or "extended" builds or whatever. I don't think it is necessary
that the core developer team offers such ones.