Subject: Iriver rockbox files in a .rockbox folder?

Iriver rockbox files in a .rockbox folder?

From: Holden Bonwit <>
Date: 2005-09-21

First of all, a big thanks to you folks working on this. Been watching it for
a while and have decided to install at this point.

I have some background in basic electronics and computers, so I have a clue,
but am having a problem:
When I downloaded the other day, I wasn't able to
follow the quickstart page fully. I put in the bootloader just fine, and it
loads the iriver firmware on bootup, which is cool. Then i try and put in
rockbox, and have trouble with this portion:
"You will need to unpack all of the files in the archive onto your music
player's hard disk. If this has been done correctly, you will have a file
called archos.mod (for the Archos player), ajbrec.ajz (for all other Archos
models) or rockbox.iriver (for iRivers) in the main folder of your drive, and
also a folder called .rockbox, which contains a number of system files used by
the Rockbox software."

Basically, the zip file doens't have a folder, just has 129 files, including

Where is the folder .rockbox that I have to dump into my root directory of the

Thanks for the help,