Subject: Re: Blind user needs help

Re: Blind user needs help

From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:29:17 -0500

Hi Sarai
I wonder if the volume has just been turned down for whatever reason? Try this.

1. Turn on your player and wait until you think it's time for the rockbox
software to start talking.

2. Hit your menu button and you land on bookmarks, that's the first option.
Now arrow up once. Now on the studio model which is only a player it might
be different, but i believe that it's probably the same. so if it is, if
you arrow up once, you are now on sound settings, so press the play key
once to get to the volume setting, and once again to adjust it. keep
pressing your up arrow key. If the volume has been turned down, you should
then begin to hear speech and you can then re-adjust it. This happened to
me once as well and man is it ever frustrating.
I hope that helps get you going again.
If you need further clarification, let me know and i'll try to assist you
further.