Subject: Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released

Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:23:10 -0600

Congratulations to all you hard working devs!
Can't wait to try it out.

Since there is now no feature request freeze I'd like to put forth the
following:

Is it possible or, should I say knowing you guys and gals, "practical", to
create a GoTo feature that could be managed with the voice UI?

Example:

I've got a recording that's 7 hrs in length. I fell asleep or passed out
(Go Molson) wit no sleep timer or book marking feature operational. My file
ends and I wake up with rockbox focussed on a folder patiently awaiting my
next command. I kind of remember where I left off prior to cratoring the
night before but, don't really feel like fast forwarding through the file.
So, I navigate to the playback menu & select "GoTo". Right arrow to lets
say: "last file". Like the sleep timer there are numerous choices like 15,
30, 45 minutes etc, etc. Select my choice and I'm off to the races! Could
also be useful for the WPS and even of course could speak while browsing in
the WPS and iriver.

Any thoughts?

Again, Thanks so much for R O C K b o x ! !
rocker