Subject: Re: wav codec (was Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released)

Re: wav codec (was Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:27:52 +0200 (MEST)

> By the way, in some old IRC logs I saw that you were working on a wav
> codec for the archoses:
> http://www.rockbox.org/irc/rockbox-20050726.txt
> How is the progress? Are you allowed to give out some more info? I
> couldn't see anything about it in the wiki.

We meanwhile have the codec, documentation, and the permission to use it. I
have added that to the datasheet section.

Maybe you've read that the wiki was wiped by some friendly hacker. A 3 month
old backup was restored, lots of effort went into bringing it to recent
shape again, from google cache and such. But attachments are lost and need
to be added again. Those documents are among them.

Wav recording/playback for Archos is a topic for Rockbox v2.6.

Jörg