Subject: Thoughts on FM Radio Presets and functionality.

Thoughts on FM Radio Presets and functionality.

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-09-23

Now that FM radio is present for the iriver (with presets) I spend some time
to read the manual how exactly the radio works on Archos.
I was suprised to see that a lot can be done to achieve something better
with the FM (little details).

In my mind (I don't know why) I thought that Rockbox supports dynamic
preset, saving and loading, instead of the cliche "constant" numbered
presets.
So why not make the FM radio a little more usable and smart?
What I am thinking is to be able to save and load presets from physical
files, instead of the "add only" option.
This would be extremely usefull for those that travel a lot and 32 stations
are too little, or much of a hassle to rename.

I am waiting for advice....