Subject: Re: wav codec (was Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released)

Re: wav codec (was Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released)

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:46:09 -0400

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:06:06 +0200 (MEST), "[IDC]Dragon"
<idc-dragon_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>> I am relieved that the CEO of Archos was finally prepared to sign a
>> release
>> form to satisy the Rockbox requirements ...may I ask which of you gurus
>> was
>> finally able to obtain his seal of approval?
>
>No kidding, we really have authorized approval from Micronas, plus the
>blessing of Archos. That's what took so long.
>I haven't published the emails because those people don't want their address
>and phone # floating across the net, but did show proof to the Rockbox core.

Can you provide some more details. Names and email addresses mean
nothing to me but I'm very interested in what happened and this is the
first I've heard. That's great news. Is Archos going to help with
RockBox ports to newer hardware by providing technical information?
Maybe some hardware to develop on?

John
---
John De Armond