Subject: Why not iPod?

Why not iPod?

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2005-09-23

OK, right off the bat, let me say that I despise Apple, Steve Jobs and
most of what they stand for. Ahem.

That said, is there any reason why the iPod isn't considered for a
RockBox port? It would seem that with a port of Linux running on the
thing, there should be enough info out there for a port.

As I scan the racks of even Walmart and see all the nifty accessories
that work only with an iPod, I have to admit that it would be a nice
host for RockBox. I'd LOVE to have a set of amplified speakers into
which my jukebox would simply snap, like those offered by several
different companies for the iPod.

I don't want to even appear to become an AppleDroid but OTOH, the
hardware is nice...

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN