Subject: Re: wav codec (was Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released)

Re: wav codec (was Re: Rockbox version 2.5 released)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:18:01 +0200 (MEST)

> So am I correct in saying that what we have is the official PCM codec and
> NOT the 3587 documentation (and hence our own implementation of a PCM
> codec)?

This is the codec as used in the AV models. It was developed by Micronas for
Archos. We don't have means to write our own software for the MAS, if this
is what you ask. Unless you learn enough from that binary blob to empower
yourself. It's said to be a real tricky beast to program, with strange
hardware features. These were necessary back then to implement an mp3 codec
on such a comparatively weak DSP.

Yet missing part on Rockbox is to use the codec, of course.

Jörg