Subject: Re: Why not iPod?

Re: Why not iPod?

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:11:51 +0100

Arnaud wrote:
> no, it do not record nor have a fm radio.
>
> that's why I don't like this device , well, there are other reasons
> too, but I don't want to talk too much about Ipod here.

The iPod hardware can record (at various samplerates up to 96KHz), it's
just that Apple haven't implemented it in their firmware. The ipodlinux
project have implemented recording - see their webpage here:

http://ipodlinux.org/Recording

But you're right that there is no FM radio.

Personally, I think the iPod would make a very nice platform for a
Rockbox port. My view is that same for almost everything made by Apple:
I like the hardware, but am frustrated by the software.

Dave.