Subject: Archos JBR FM charging problems

Archos JBR FM charging problems

From: Julian Chennales <jchennales_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:22:17 -0300

Hi,
 I am not sure if this is the place to post this, so I apologize if it
isn't.
 I have an Archos Jukebox FM Recorder (JBR FM) and I am experiencing
problems with Rockbox while charging the battery.
 While charging, the jukebox will continuously go into what appears to be
USB mode for a very short time (less than a second) and then back - The USB
logo appears on the screen. This happens with the USB cable disconnected and
it causes the disc to spin up and apparently access something because it
sounds like the heads move.
 I am worried because it is doing it maybe every 15-25 seconds so I don't
know if it would damage / wear out the disc more than normal. I am now
charging the jukebox while actually connected to the computer (and not using
the disc) to avoid the constant spinnups and accesses but if this is
actually a bug I'd like to report it so it can be fixed.
 I have Rockbox v2.4 on firmware and I tried loading v2.5 and CVS 050926
(from the .ajz file) and the behaviour persits. I tried loading the Archos
original 1.3j from a .ajz file and after a short while the device seems to
reboot into Rockbox v2.4 from firmware.
 In all occasions, while charging, the device makes a not-so-soft buzzing
sound which does not bother me much but I am reporting in case it is
relevant (I am not sure if it did this sound before or not. I noticed only
recently)
 If you'd like me to try reprogramming the flash again back to the original
or to 2.5 to test it I'd be happy to do it but i thought I'd ask first.
 Thanks in advace for the help.
 Julian