Subject: Re: Why not iPod?

Re: Why not iPod?

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-09-27

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Joseph Jones wrote:

> I suppose that would depend on how well documented it is by the iPod Linux
> developers, since I doubt the devs would be able to accumulate an iPod from
> each generation. But I could be mistaken.

You are correct. And the truth is that they have documented their findings in
very poor ways, leaving lots of undocumented hard-coded values set to
undocumented hard-coded addresses in the code.

If this takes off, I would assume that we'll proceed as usual and those with
specific models work with what they have and make Rockbox work on them...

  Daniel Stenberg -- --