Subject: iRiver iHP1x0 Firmware v1.60 <-> v1.65

iRiver iHP1x0 Firmware v1.60 <-> v1.65

From: Martin Schlegel <martin_at_familie-schlegel.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:50:53 -0400

I would like to fwpatch the v1.60 firmware, since it does support recording
mp3s with bitrates higher than 128 kbps. Is it somehow possible ("...firmware
not recognized..."), how can I do that ? In firmware v1.65 it seemed they
(iRiver) turned the higher mp3 bitrates off.

What happened there anyways ?

I'm shocked (in a good way), that you guys are working on your new and
completely own rewritten firmware, which already works nicely for me btw !

---Martin