Subject: Re: Help needed with Iriver H320

Re: Help needed with Iriver H320

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 08:41:12 -0700

Michael E. DiFebbo wrote:
> However, I recommend leaving USB charging mode turned
> "on." If you turn it off, you will not be able to charge via USB if the
> battery is completely discharged.

Keep in mind, Robert, that the USB charging does not work while
'connected' to Windows. It's a one-or-the-other scenario. That's
generally why I have my H320 set up to charge via USB, but having the
unit turned on first (like to play a song), then plug in the AC adapter,
then plug in the USB plug and it goes right to 'connected' mode and
charges from the AC adapter while I work.

By the way, for any H320/H340 users who run Linux, I have a collection
of Perl scripts and other goodies on my web site:
http://www.w98.us/article.php?story=20050506121623100
http://www.w98.us/article.php?story=20050513122612392

But since Rockbox doesn't seem to have the H320/H340 on the back burner
any longer, I guess I'll never know whether these scripts will help my
Rockbox environment or not. ;o)

Ian