Subject: possible addition to recording menu

possible addition to recording menu

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 15:47:25 -0500

I was wondering if something could be added to RockBox, and it would
definitely help us Blind folks, and maybe some of you sighted people too.

I was just at a convention this weekend, and I was recording the banquet
speech, and my play button must have been pushed, because it didn't record
but a short amount of the session.

Now, here's my proposal:
It seems to me that a choice could be added to the recording settings, so if
someone wants, they could mute the sound while paused.
I realize that most of the time, it is important to be able to watch, or
listen while the recording is paused, but I have had this problem before,
where I did not know if it was paused or not.

So for those very important recordings, where I have already set the
recording volume, I think it would be better to know if it is really
recording by just putting the headphone/earphone up to my ear.

So the menu option could be an on/off called:
Mute while paused

could this be easily implemented, and would someone be willing to do it, and
what do people think of this?
Thanks