Subject: Re: Step by step debugging.

Re: Step by step debugging.

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-10-03

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Liberman Shachar wrote:

> I'd like to know, if there's some way to run Rockbox while step-debugging.

On target: with a BDM wiggler.

On host: using the simulator. But the most low-level code is not used in the

> I thought that maybe if i'll run the simulator from a compiler, I could get
> at least some step by step debugging

The Rockbox simulator simulates a bunch of low-level APIs and offers the
Rockbox LCD in a window. If you have a debugger (gdb) you can indeed
single-step and do everything else a debugger can do.

The simulator is not run "from a compiler", it is built by a compiler and run
just like any other native app on your machine.

> , just not for Rockbox :/

  Daniel Stenberg -- --