Subject: Re: Asteroids on rockbox!

Re: Asteroids on rockbox!

From: Mat Holton <>
Date: 2005-10-04

I guess this is only for iRiver?
-----Original Message-----From: Frederic Devernay <>To: Rockbox <>Sent: 03/10/2005 22:36Subject: Asteroids on rockbox!Hi,

I did some serious hacking last week, and came up with that: (first item in the list)

To summarize, we've now got asteroids for rockbox, the original vector

version. It was recompiled rather than emulated, and it runs in real

time. It probably won't ever be distributed with rockbox, though, because:

- it needs the original ROMs to compile (not just to run like other

- the code comes from contributions of a dozen of authors (it was

initially an iPod port...)

Please test it (you can make two versions, asteroids and asteroids

deluxe), and then please try to answer these questions for me:

- why does rockbox hang if I open this plugin while playing music?

- what is the proper way to play sound from a plugin on the iriver? (if

you can answer this one, the next version will have sound!)

Surface Inspection Ltd