Subject: Re: Asteroids on rockbox!

Re: Asteroids on rockbox!

From: Frederic Devernay <>
Date: 2005-10-04

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Frederic Devernay wrote:
>> - why does rockbox hang if I open this plugin while playing music?
> What buffer space do you use to load the rom into and how do you get it?

- The ram+rom is stored in global variables (32Kb+8Kb for asteroids, 32Kb+12Kb
for asteroids deluxe).
- I use IDATA_ATTR variables for things such as registers, stack, frequently
used global variables, for a total of less than 300 bytes.
- I'm boosting the CPU, maybe there's something wrong there too?
- The binaries are also quite large, because of static binary translation (the
rom is recompiled for the native CPU):
242Kb for asteroids
547Ko for asteroids deluxe
But there didn't seem to be any limitation on plugins size in rockbox (as
opposed to codecs).

Does anything seem wrong with that?