Subject: Re: Asteroids on rockbox!

Re: Asteroids on rockbox!

From: Frederic Devernay <frederic.devernay_at_m4x.org>
Date: 2005-10-04

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Frederic Devernay wrote:
>
>> - why does rockbox hang if I open this plugin while playing music?
>

> What buffer space do you use to load the rom into and how do you get it?

- The ram+rom is stored in global variables (32Kb+8Kb for asteroids, 32Kb+12Kb
for asteroids deluxe).
- I use IDATA_ATTR variables for things such as registers, stack, frequently
used global variables, for a total of less than 300 bytes.
- I'm boosting the CPU, maybe there's something wrong there too?
- The binaries are also quite large, because of static binary translation (the
rom is recompiled for the native CPU):
242Kb for asteroids
547Ko for asteroids deluxe
But there didn't seem to be any limitation on plugins size in rockbox (as
opposed to codecs).

Does anything seem wrong with that?

Fred