Subject: Re: Noise canceling headphones

Re: Noise canceling headphones

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:51:11 +0200

Gert Brinkmann:
> Sarai wrote:
> > I'm looking for a pare of noise canceling headphones that will fit in
> > the Archos case, but all of the ones I've seen are big. Do you know of
> > anything?
>
> Has it to be active noise canceling? Otherwise I recommend Koss "The
> Plug" (if you like bass). They filter out noise very well so you do not
> have to listen very loud and other people are not annoyed.

I have read a lot of recommandations for Koss's headphones. To be
honest, I cannot understand that. They sound almost like "normal" (ie
cheap) headphones (not that much bass, but very sharp high frequency
noises) and they don't fit my ears either. They come with quite large
foamed plastic plugs with a little plastic tube inside. The foam
constantly expands and moves the plugs out of my ears no matter how much
I squeeze them or which size I use. Additionally, the solid part of the
plugs pinches against my ears and when trying to push them into my ears,
the plastic tube is scratching.

> There are similar ear phones from Sony, I think.

Yes, and concerning sound and comfortability, I think they are a lot
better. Althogh they sit tightly in my ears, most of the time I don't
even realize I am wearing headphones. The only drawback is that they are
quite sensible. I have broken three pairs of them (MDR EX51 LP resp. MDR
EX71 SL) in the last two or three years. Every time a different part of
the cable got broken (one in a small accident, the other ones by wear
and tear).

J.
--
I hate myself but have no clear idea why.
[Agree]   [Disagree]