Subject: Re: Player recommendation?

Re: Player recommendation?

From: Lars van de Klomp <larsie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:59:37 -0700

Hi Gert,

Lol, I see you're dutch 2.

If you want Rockbox support in the future I would go for the iRiver H320.

In holland it costs about 280-300 euro.

1) It has Ogg vorbis, (VBR) mp3 and WMA (maybe even more) support

2) Gapless, almost then but not noticable if you just leave the player
alone (don't skip or change settings while you're playing)

3) Can be used under linux with USB 2.0, its just an 2,5 inch HD
(which are used in laptops aswell)

4) You can file/directorie browse and ID-tags based (sort on artist,
genre or album)

5) It has video support, my opinion is that you don't pay much for
that (some even say that it was just an experiment) If you compare it
with Archos (which make special players for video support) the H320 is
a lot cheaper

If you seriously want to stay under 200 euro you will soon end up with
a Ipod mini, iRiver H10 or Creative Zen. They will propably never have
rockbox support.

I first bought an iRiver H10 but I changed it for an iRiver H320.
Video support was and still is a big pro for me. And the nicest
feature of them all is USB on the go, you can connect your H320 to
other mass storage devices and transfer files (e.g. digital camera's,
other Mp3 players or usbsticks)

Have fun,

Lars van de Klomp

--