Subject: Re: Player recommendation?

Re: Player recommendation?

From: Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:15:43 +0200

Lars van de Klomp wrote:

> Lol, I see you're dutch 2.

Well, no!? Does my english has a dutch touch? Or is it because of the
Euro? I am from Germany. :)

> If you want Rockbox support in the future I would go for the iRiver H320.

Ok. Rockbox support is definitely a feature that weights much.

> In holland it costs about 280-300 euro.

It seems the same in Germany.

> 2) Gapless, almost then but not noticable if you just leave the player

really not noticable? Did you check with two continueing songs that are
not faded? I think either it is gapless or you will hear it.

> If you seriously want to stay under 200 euro you will soon end up with
> a Ipod mini,

Ipod is not OGG-able. Also I have heard that the IPods look badly used
after a short while. (btw I do not understand the hype around the IPod?)

> other mass storage devices and transfer files (e.g. digital camera's,
> other Mp3 players or usbsticks)

This (photo tank) indeed is an interesting feature.

Ciao,

Gert