Subject: Simulator problems

Simulator problems

From: Ryan Jackson <rdjackso_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 01:53:55 -0600

I've been playing with the x11 sim recently and noticed that some
codecs cause it to segfault, namely flac and vorbis. It seems that a)
CODEC_SIZE is too small for these (unless I strip them) and b) vorbis
and flac both want to set errno to 0 before read calls, but they link
at runtime to the errno in errno.c, which is read-only in the codec
thread.

Changing CODEC_SIZE would fix the first problem. For the second,
would it make sense to just eliminate the use of errno in those
codecs? None of their IO callbacks (in vorbis.c, flac.c) set errno on
error anyway. Alternatively, the codec-specific errno could be
renamed to something like codec_errno so that it could be used if
needed and there wouldn't be any linking problems.

Any ideas? Is there some compiler/linker magic that could be used to
fix this problem instead?

--
Ryan Jackson