Subject: Re: Noise canceling headphones

Re: Noise canceling headphones

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:35:01 +0200

Gert Brinkmann:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
>> [Koss "The Plug"]
>
> [...] But after I have got used to them they are great ear phones. Good
> bass, not to hard highs, they could be a little more crisp in sound. It
> is no high fidelity sound (the Koss (S)Porta Pro do sound much better,
> but they are open, so you can hear everything around you), but I enjoy
> to not hear other people in the train around me when listening music.

ACK. I also listen to music a lot when commuting.

> Also I had no problems with breaking them. I had found them very cheap
> (about 20 EUR) at amazon.de 1.5 years ago.

Yep, they look very durable. I just didn't use them very much. I don't
even know where they are currently are, although my last pair of the
Sony headphones is broken. Gotta search them. ;-)

> > Yes, and concerning sound and comfortability, I think they are a lot
> > better. Althogh they sit tightly in my ears, most of the time I don't
> > even realize I am wearing headphones. The only drawback is that they are
> > quite sensible. I have broken three pairs of them (MDR EX51 LP resp. MDR
> > EX71 SL) in the last two or three years. Every time a different part of
> > the cable got broken (one in a small accident, the other ones by wear
> > and tear).
>
> Interesting. Which one of the Sony phones do you recommend?

Usually I use the MDR EX51LP because I don't use the modern heavy weight
remote controls. Now I am considering to buy the EX71SL because I want
to try out the Iriver remote (the EX71SL has a short cord in case you
want to connect a remote control plus an extension). But usually I have
the player in my trousers' pocket and operate it blindly so it don't
need the remote. I don't like a remote hanging on my ears. ;-)

Another plus for the EX71SL is that the cord connection to the
headphones is made of flexible plastic so it doesn't break at this
point. But it does break at the "Y" split...

J.
--
I think the environment will be okay.
[Agree]   [Disagree]