Subject: Re: I need some advice, having problems with a CD

Re: I need some advice, having problems with a CD

From: ian douglas <>
Date: 2005-10-07

Sarai wrote:
> but I can't get them to be seen when trying to play them. Any
> suggestions? They play on my PC. Its annoying me and I really want them
> to work on my player.

I don't know about the Archos, but on the iRiver H300 series, if you use
the Windows software that ships with it to build your database of ID3
tag information, it'll skip any song over 52 characters in length ... no
idea why such an odd limitation. I actually wrote some scripts for my
player so I can pull up a list of tracks that were too long for the
iRiver database to process, but then decided their database program was
a piece of garbage anyway, and re-ripped everything in .ogg format and
wrote more scripts to generate my playlists instead.

Ian Douglas
geek stuff: