Subject: RE: *PANIC* recfile: -4 and lose everything

RE: *PANIC* recfile: -4 and lose everything

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:09:08 +0100

Ipods do break, I have a friend who lives upstairs from me who's gone
through 3 ipods in the space of 2 years, the hard drives just die on her all
the time - and of course, you can't just take it apart and fix it, it's back
to apple and get a new one. Doh.

Also, it's not necessarily the fault of the player manufacturer, be it
Archos or iRiver or whatever, sometimes you (unfortunately) get a bad batch
of hard drives from the hdd manufacturer which just fail earlier than they
should, and there's nowt you can do about that except RMA them and get new
ones. I had approaching 500gb of drives all fail on me within the space of a
month, and they were (yep, you guessed it) all Maxtor DiamondMaxes, a 120,
160 and 200... It's just luck of the draw sometimes.

At least you can take your player apart and replace the hdd! :D

  _____