Subject: Re: I vote for splitting this list in two

Re: I vote for splitting this list in two

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-10-14

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Ray Lambert wrote:

>> ... I think the time as come for this mailing list to get split in two:
> What about the forum? I always assumed that was intended to be the users
> 'list' (and always wondered about the relatively high level of user
> discussions on this list).

Yes, the forum can be used and is in fact very frequently used these days, but
being a mailing list dude myself I would never "force" users into using a web
forum instead of a mailing list.

And obviously lots of users still prefer the mailing list...

But OK, I could count lots of voices raised in support of my suggstion, so
I'll proceed and make the split happen soon.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --