Subject: Re: Audible books?

Re: Audible books?

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:32:38 -0400

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:45:53 EDT, Sr91black_at_aol.com wrote:

>Hi I have one more question, would it be possible to get Rockbox to work
>with Audible books witch are in "aa" format? Thank You

No. The audible format is copy protected, a disease that the
developers have shied away from, thank Heaven.

There are several tools out there to convert .aa to .mp3. I don't
know any names, as I'd never buy any sort of copy protected media.

The long term solution is not to buy audible or other copy protected
books. Others such as Blackstone audio offer material in standard MP3
format.

John
---
John De Armond