Subject: Great little portable speakers

Great little portable speakers

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2005-10-17

I've been looking for a nice little set of self-powered amplified
speakers to put in the little camera bag that I carry my JBR and
accessories in.

A couple of nights ago I noticed these speakers at my local

Ilo brand. Given the price, I decided to give them a try. I was very
pleasantly surprised. Though the speakers are only marginally larger
than the JBR itself, they sound quite nice. An amazing amount of
sound comes from the little drivers about the size of a half dollar.
Not super-hifi but good enough for something that will fit in pants

The speakers run on 4 AA batteries and work just fine on NiMH so I can
use the same batteries with my JBR and my speakers. Even better, the
speakers come with a 9 volt 900ma wall wart with the same size plug as
on the JBR. Therefore I only need to carry one wart. About the only
thing it doesn't do that I'd like is charge the NiMH batteries. I'll
remedy that easily enough.

Interestingly enough, they look to be almost identical to the Creative
ones being sold on an adjacent shelf for over twice as much. The case
is a little different but the transducers look identical

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN