Subject: Re: Archos Recorder v1 to sell

Re: Archos Recorder v1 to sell

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:09:25 -0600

Hi Manuel,

1) If you are selling this unit to a blind person in the states or Canada
you can tag it free matter for the blind which may help reduce your shipping
dependant on your Countries policies.

2) Even though you will be receiving some remuneration for it you can
declare it as a gift on the declaration form. remember that duties and
taxes have already been paid on this item when it was bought new and you are
not a retailer.

3) You will just have to fill out the appropriate Customs declarations form
when you post the package. Your post office should have the necessary
paperwork on hand. They are not that complicated and most postal clerks can
assist you. If there is no way for you to avoid VAT or Custom charges, the
person who buys the unit will have to pay them when picking up the package.
To avoid excessive BAT or Brokerage fees you should ship via regular mail
and not a carrier like UPS or FEDEX.

hth...rocker