Subject: Re: FW: [Braillenote] A Microphone for BrailleNote mPower

Re: FW: [Braillenote] A Microphone for BrailleNote mPower

From: Jerry Van Baren <>
Date: 2005-10-18

No, that mic requires power:
"This unit is specifically designed for use with the "mic input" jack,
also known as "plug-in power," that has voltage outputs from between 1.5
to 10 volts."

It probably doesn't have a built-in amplifier either. The AJR requires
"line in" levels (~0.6 volts) which is amplified compared to raw mic
inputs (millivolts).