Subject: Re: 4. Re: ot headphone recomendation (Gert Brinkmann)

Re: 4. Re: ot headphone recomendation (Gert Brinkmann)

From: Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:10:39 +0200

Rocker wrote:
> Anyone heard of Grado Cans?

I have listened to them some months ago and plan to perhaps buy the
SR-225. AFAIR this did sound very very good, clear but not too bright,
very dynamically and spatial(?) (well, it is hard for me to describe it
in none-german). Everything was ok, perhaps the bass was a little bit
rare but also very clear and dynamic. I will check them out again soon,
so I could write my refreshed opinion in some days.

But I am not sure if the SR-225 is useable for portable devices. It
might need an amplifier to sound good.

I also tried the SR-125 and was disappointed. It was nothing special for
me. So either I will buy the SR-225 or the Koss Porta Pro (for stational
use).

As I have read about the SR-325 sound more bright with having less bass
than the SR-225 what would not be in my interest. Especially for the
higher price.

Listening with the SR-1 was also disappointing. It is so much more
expensive that I thought it should be dramatically better then the
SR-225. I could not find a big difference (but did not hear them in
direct comparison)

I do not know the SR-80 and the others that might used for portables
good. I guess that they will not beat the Koss Porta Pro.

Gert