Subject: Feature request - inverse follow playlist

Feature request - inverse follow playlist

From: George Styles <ripnetuk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:48:16 +0100

Hi,

Ive just switched to rockbox full time on my iRiver (thanks Timid for
remote patch)...

One thing though, the way I tend to listen is to alternate between
listening to a specific track, and shuffle all. At the moment, I have
to load a all.m3u playlist then engage shuffle to enter shuffle all
mode, and pick the specific track X when I want to listen to the
single track. Then I have to re-load the all playlist to get shuffle
all

My feature request is a kind of inverse follow playlist - an option to
make the treeview only display files which are in the current
playlist, and jump to the correct point in the playlist when a song is
selected, instead of building up a dynamic playlist for that folder.

That way, the all.m3u playlist can ALWAYS be active, and I can find
and listen to a specific song, and quickly return to shuffle all when
I want.

Maybe im missing the point, and I should be using .cfg files to
switch? any smart ideas?

thanks