Subject: Re: IR-Remote control for my JBR20

Re: IR-Remote control for my JBR20

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2005-10-30

> I read
> and found the Idea appealing - only I couldn't find out how to enable
> RC5 decoding on the Remote Pin. What happened to the mentioned driver
> that Diava apparently made?

It's a patch against v1.4, therefore ages old, and dirty, too (hard coded
rc5 codes). Dunno if it ever went into the tracker.

Today, it could be a plugin, using the TSR feature. Look into my Alpine CD
changer emulator, that's a (very special) remote control plugin, too.

> Then another question: What carrier frequency should the IR-Decoder part
> have if I want to use my Hifi-AMPs remote (which can be programmed) to
> control the Archos?

Most common is 36 or 38 kHz, the receivers are wideband enough to work with

> Since a 3V-Part isn't available at or, I would
> start with the 5V part (TSOP17xx, where xx is the Carrier frequency) and
> use an external supply.

I managed to get samples of the 3V version. Have you seen my circuit for no
external supply? I try to attach it.

> At least I found a source for 4-"Pin"-3,5mm-Plugs. That cable should be
> convenient for hacking ;)

Oh, it got cheap. I've bought it from Reichelt for about 10 EUR.
But I still can't recommend it, the cable has ground on the wrong pin, ring
3 instead of ring 4. They have the bare plug, in plastic or metal:
I recommend the metal version, it is much smaller and way nicer.

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++