Subject: Re: Recording problem

Re: Recording problem

From: Dan Richardson <spam_at_nottooloud.com>
Date: 2005-11-02

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> There is a bug in the MP3 encoding chip that makes it lose a few bits in
> the stream, and the recorded data will be shifted, i.e not byte-aligned
> anymore. This is more likely to happen if you record with a high quality
> setting.
>
> There is unfortunately nothing we can do about it. Stick to the lower
> quality settings, like 5 or below.

Yikes! Really? So AJBR Rockbox will never be rid of this?

MP3Fixer catches it most of the time,
but sometimes it throws away significant amounts of data,
and sometimes it just doesn't fix it.
Knowing what the problem is, would it be possible to write a program
that would reliably fix these files while doing minimum damage?