Subject: Re: Recording problem

Re: Recording problem

From: Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren_at_smiths-aerospace.com>
Date: 2005-11-02

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
>>>The MAS has a bug, you could solder in a more recent chip to really
>>
>>resolve
>>
>>>the problem. All Archos have the older, buggy version.

[snip]

>>>restarted. Results in a minor glitch in the recording, but will hardly
>>get
>>>noticed, as rare as it happens.
>>
>>I mostly record concerts, typically 2-4 hours at a go.
>>Less than half my files make it through MP3Fixer unscathed.
>>It's not rare in my experience.
>

> No, misunderstanding:
> The workaround would cause a minor glitch every few hours (that's something
> I could live with and call rare), when the bit loss occurs. Without, your
> recording is toast after that, or has to be rescued with Jens' very special
> tool.
>
> Jörg

Isn't there a problem if you badly overdrive the input that results in
frame data corruption? Dan's complaint seems much more frequent than
what Jörg is describing. FWIIW, I record 90 minutes continuously 2x a
week for the last 2.5 years and never have had a problem (that I've
noticed :-/).

gvb