Subject: Re: Recording problem

Re: Recording problem

From: Martin Borus <>
Date: 2005-11-03

> This glitch isn't about one (or a few) shifted frames. When it
> happens, *all* subsequent frames are bitshifted by the same
> amount, unless the glitch happens again (after hours), then
> there will be a new shift amount. I even observed one occasion
> where the second shift corrected the first one, after two hours
> or so.

I had the same experience during performance tests of the time split

I had the time split set to 5 minutes, quality 7 (to get more frame errors)
a load signal (for the same reason). With this setup it takes less than one
hour to get a 5 minute file that won't play on the PC. Sometimes later,
after a block
of non-playing files suddenly it works again.

Normally I use quality 5 and here mp3fixer has helped me every time.

If you actually write a tool to fix this problem,
please consider time-split recordings, so that a whole batch of files can be