Subject: sound settings on rb

sound settings on rb

From: rob powell <rob_at_rinty.plus.com>
Date: 2005-11-04

Hi, having just started using rockbox 2.5 on the iriver 140, I notice
that from 2.2, the way the sound settings works has changed. The
volume limit when the bass is turned up to stop MP3 files “clipping”.
This may have been discussed before, but however my view is, that the
margin of error might have been set to high. I can’t get a good loud
volume out of my unit with plenty of bass, to have a rock blow out
occasionally. I’ve tried with a few sets of ‘phones, though the ones
I use most are the Senheiser PX200’s. Would it be possible to alter
the relationship between volume and bass? After all if the MP3 file
that we’re listening to clips, we can use the volume control. I have
the bass set at about 14DB and the volume won’t go past 85%. Maybe
lower that that.

Thanks,

Rob