Subject: Re: regression in battery charging since going to 2.5?? (probably not but ..)

Re: regression in battery charging since going to 2.5?? (probably not but ..)

From: Christian Mahr <>
Date: 2005-11-05

I noticed something similar this week. the batteries were to zero in the
morning when I could swear I havenīt used the recorder 20 more than an hour
or so after the last charge.
so either the batteries were improperly charged or became discharged over

Another observation:
When charging the Recorder 20 in "off" mode until "trickle charging", then
powering on and re-connect to the charger again: Then the batteries are
charged *AGAIN* for another 1-2 hours or so.
So it DOES seem to make a difference whether the charing happens in "on" or
"off" mode ?

Today I downloaded the latest build and try to continue to investigate...

Am Mittwoch 02 November 2005 22:25 schrieb Tom Cole:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:50:56 -0600, "Jeff N" <>
> wrote:
> >I also have noticed a dramatic decrease in battery life since going to
> > 2.5. It seems to need a charge only after a few hours of use. I'm using
> > some 2500maH Energizer batteries that are about 3 months old on my
> > Recorder. I always charge them in my Recorder, and always run it down as
> > low as possible before recharging. I normally let them recharge
> > overnight, and when I unplug it it's in trickle charge mode. If anyone
> > needs any more info or needs me to run tests, let me know. Perhaps it's
> > just crappy batteries, but after seeing George's post, I thought I'd let
> > you all know.
> >
> >Jeff
> A couple of questions:
> Is your "Disk Poweroff" set to Yes?
> (F1 > General Settings > System > Disk > Disk Poweroff)
> If set to No, powering the disk all the time will drain the batteries
> faster.
> In your WPS file do you display the Peak Meter (%pm)?
> >From the 2.5 Change Log
> "The peakmeter has been reworked. The performance setting is removed,
> and now always runs in what was previously known as high performance
> mode, slightly changed. " (This may or may not be relevant.)
> The battery charging algorithm was changed around April 2005. I have
> been running my Recorder V1 on the 5 April 2005 daily build. This
> contained most of the charging changes. I average 8-10 hours per charge
> running with the original 1500maH Archos batteries.
> Rockbox can meter your run time. (F1 > Info > Debug > View Runtime).
> Ensure the Current Time has been Zeroed after a charge (press Play in
> "View Runtime").

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: