Subject: Re: HELP! Jukebox Recorder 2.0: *PANIC* disk:NULL after HD upgrade

Re: HELP! Jukebox Recorder 2.0: *PANIC* disk:NULL after HD upgrade

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-11-06

> I would really like to know, what "*PANIC* disk:NULL" really means. I
> tried looking into the source, but could only find a 2.5 tarball whereas
> the jukebox runs 2.2

With this early version, Rockbox had the misbehaviour of trying to look at
the disk first, before entering USB mode. Perhaps this is what locks you
out? Have you tried booting with F1, maybe the Archos firmware does better.
I presume you have flashed old style, no Bootbox yet.

If you still have your old disk, are you able to flash update first?

To comfort all Bootbox users: This is checking for USB before touching the
disk.

Jörg