Subject: Re: Question Time

Re: Question Time

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-11-11

>>Thank you Michael this version is perfect with my software.
>>Can I plug into my hi fi and does it need to be a modern outlet as I tried
>>it in my turntable feed from my Cyrus amp and it is so distorted that it
>>obviously should not be in there.
>
>Turntable inputs were typically at a lower voltage, IIRC, so that's
>probably not the ideal situation. See a better explanation here:
>
>http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/home/connections_glossary.html?term=phono_input
>
>Using line level inputs like AUX, CD, TAPE, or TUNER inputs (depending on
>what your amp/preamp has available) would probably work better for you. I
>think it's best to set the output level of your Archos to 92 as well (or
>less, if necessary); this is the 'O db' reference level. You'll likely
>hear distortion if you use higher output levels.

92 will only give 0dB IFF the dynamic bass, bass, midrange and treble
settings are all 0

I am sure there is a blind friendly version of the manual. I can never
find anything in the wiki, so I leave it for another to confirm the exact
location. However, documentation is the fun of very few, and with the rate
of development here, I guess it too is out of date.

You MAY be able to use a TT input if you take the Jukebox volume down low
enough, but TT inputs have an extra amplifier stage which makes them
unsuitable for "Line Level" devices (eg. CD Player)

Your best choice is to connect digitally, then all the settings on the
Jukebox become irrelevant. But be warned low-bitrate files will NOT be
transmitted via SP/DIF ...I've often wondered if Rockbox could patch the
MP3 file real-time to fix this, but not looked deeply into it.

ON+Play will get you the context-sensitive menu for a file or directory,
much like right-clicking something under windows.

BC