Subject: Re: >137Gbyte?

Re: >137Gbyte?

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: 2005-11-14

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linus Nielsen Feltzing" <linus@haxx.se>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox@cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 5:44 PM

> ian douglas wrote:
>> Is the limitation for the disk controller itself, or per partition?
>>
>> ie: get a 160gb drive, partition it to 137GB and 23GB ?
>>

> The disk controller.
>
> Linus
>

>Is this because of the FAT32 format? Or is it the USB1.0 configuration.

Why I ask, is that I have a USB2.0 external hard drive - 160gb - and that
works fine as a backup. But that one is format with NTFS, and of course a
3.5" disk (don't know much about this).

Another suggestion which has already been given, is to have two partitions.
I just wondered: If you, say, put all your music on partition 1, and all
your audiobooks on partition 2: Would it be possibel to - at the end of
partition 1 - to have a shortcut (or 'a road'), similar to the one you can
make under the Windows Explorer File menu, that points to the root of
partition 2?