Subject: Re: >137Gbyte?

Re: >137Gbyte?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-11-14

> Just for curiosity (I do not suggest anything ;-) ...
> Could 2 partitions and some changes in rockbox make use of disks with
> more than 137 Gbytes?
>
> If I remember correctly for the Ondio some kind of handling of
> 2 "partitions" has already been implemented...

Yes, Rockbox can work with multiple partitions if you compile it for,
perhaps brush up some ends. This was a sidetrack of Ondio development, which
supports 2 "disks" (read: MMC cards, one internal, one external). We tested
with the Archos HD models and an extra partion.

So for >137 GB you'd need to change the Rockbox ATA driver to do BigLBA
addressing, which is probably easy. But since the USB bridge can't access
the later part, you need some more tooling for Rockbox, if you don't want to
take the disk out:
- write an "fdisk" plugin to partition and format the >137GB part
- write a "Norton Commander" plugin to copy some content to it.

Jrg

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++