Subject: Re: iRiver time & Date

Re: iRiver time & Date

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: 2005-11-21

>> Hey, maybe a feature request: when you plug in an iRiver unit via USB,
>> contact an atomic clock via NTP and set the unit's date/time.
>
> This won't work. NTP stand for *Network* Time Protocol, and there is no
> network between your iRiver (mass storage device) and your PC.

My thinking was that maybe Rockbox would be 'smart' enough to detect a
USB connection to the PC and get the current system time from the PC and
set the clock on the Rockbox ... and since a lot of us are savvy enough
users to use NTP anyhow, then the clock on our units could get sync'd
every time we plugged it in - *if* the Rockbox firmware had a means to
get the current system time from the OS.

> I must say, that I think this is not an important feature. Support for
> other filesystems like ext2 would be much better.

Heck yeah - bring on the symlinks!

-id