Subject: Re: Problem: Iriver tag database hangs on song selection (only)

Re: Problem: Iriver tag database hangs on song selection (only)

From: Martin Borus <>
Date: 2005-11-24

On 11/24/05, Jens Arnold <> wrote:
> On 24.11.2005, Martin Borus wrote:
> > Whenever I select a song, there's non-stop harddisc access.
> > The song name keeps scrolling and I have to hold STOP to
> > turn off the unit for a reboot.
> It doesn't hang, it just takes *really* long to build the
> dynamic playlist.

you're right. After waiting for 95 seconds the song started.

My suggestion for a fix would be to alter the playlist building
> behaviour in the database view, at least in the 'songs' list.
> Rockbox should build a dynamic playlist with the selected song
> only.

That's a good idea. I don't think anybody listens to songs by alphabet

There's another problem: The maximum file list number seems to be hard
limited and
affected by the directory limit. I've got nearly 1500 files on the jukebox
now and the
directory limit increased to 2000 (for a test only) - Still it will only
show songs up to
the letter "p". Going up to 3000 or 6000 does not fix this.

Luckily the search function also finds files that are not displayed.